Historique Radio Musicale Québec/Quebec Music Radio Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Godin:

Go down

Michael Godin: Empty Michael Godin:

Post by Guylaine Wed 7 May - 4:32

Mike Godin:

http://rockradioscrapbook.ca/air1973.html

Talent: MICHAEL GODIN
Station: CFCF Montreal
Date: September 22, 1973
Time: 4:11

Many Internet-savvy oldies buffs make Michael Godin's Treasure Island Oldies a regular stop on the web. His weekly oldies show there has won much well-deserved praise. But Godin's broadcast and musical background far pre-dates the World Wide Web. Starting in 1969, he was a program host and music director at Montreal stations CFQR, CFCF and CJFM and CFOM in Quebec City. In 1975, he became Director or Artist and Repertoire at A&M Records in Canada, signing and developing stars such as Bryan Adams and winning many platinum, gold and diamond records. It was the beginning of an incredible career in the music business for Godin. Read more about that career here.

In 1973, Godin was at the legendary CFCF Montreal. He told Rock Radio Scrapbook about his time there...

"CFCF was a great time for me. I started in 1971 at their FM station, CFQR, as an operator. Within the year I was made Music Director and at the time it was the #1 FM station in Montreal. A year later I was moved over to CFCF as Music Director and also ended up with a weekend airshift, courtesy of Jim Kidd, the Program Director (who also had previously made me MD of CFQR-FM). CFCF was my first real on air shift and while I was clamouring for a Top 40 format, this AC station was a tremendous entry point for me on air. There were also many radio veteran personalities there: Ned Conlon, Jimmy Tapp, Jack Curran, Gordon Sinclair and Ken Dobson. CFCF was an amazing learning opportunity as I was so fortunate to work there and not have to get my start in 'Small Town" Canada. It was also special to be working at the first commercially licensed radio station in North America. In fact, CFCF stood for Canada's First, Canada's Finest.

I was about 17 or 18 at the time of this aircheck and although I do sound like a young kid, and an inexperienced DJ it is a treat for me to hear myself way back then."

Highlights of this aircheck include Jimmy Tapp voicing a spot for Acrilan Velvet and an upcoming Gilbert O'Sullivan concert, sports talk host Ted Tevan for Western Exterminating and Michael cross-plugging the Monday morning breakfast show with Ned Conlon.

Enjoy this aircheck of Godin on CFCF here.

(The Marc Denis Collection)
Guylaine
Guylaine
Administratrice fondatrice
Administratrice  fondatrice

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-04-18

http://histo-radio.forumdefan.com

Back to top Go down

Michael Godin: Empty Re: Michael Godin:

Post by Guylaine Wed 7 May - 4:44

http://www.treasureislandoldies.com/pages/about1.html

Petite biographie:

Music in his blood

Michael Godin has been involved in music and broadcasting in Canada since 1969. When he was 16 years old, he had a high school radio station and even interviewed John Lennon during his Bed-In for Peace at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel in Montreal. Michael was music director and disc jockey with CFQR, CFCF, CJFM – all in Montreal; and CFOM in Quebec City. His voiceover work includes being the voice for two Mattel Toys television commercials, the “He-Man Power Sword” and the “Skeletor Skull Staff”, which ran for two years in the United States. He joined A&M Records Canada in Toronto in the fall of 1975, as Director of Artist and Repertoire. Later he became Vice-President Artist & Repertoire. One of the highlights of his career at A&M and is the signing and development of mega star, Bryan Adams. Michael also worked with Lance Freed, President of Rondor Music International, the music publishing division of A&M Records and son of Rock & Roll pioneer Disc Jockey, Alan Freed.

In 1986, he moved to Vancouver on the West Coast of Canada and started Michael Godin Management Inc., a full service artist management group, a music publishing company (West Broadway Music and East Broadway Music) and a consulting company. One of his clients was the multi-award winning recording artist and songwriter, Paul Janz.

As a management consultant, Michael provides a variety of services to broadcasters, media and arts companies, individual recording artists, and managers. Michael represents Canadian pioneer disc jockey Red Robinson, one of the seven original DJs in North America to play rhythm and blues and rock & roll music on radio, Red has been recognized by many organizations including the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Rockabilly Hall of Fame, Canadian Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame, and more.

From 1986 to 1993, Michael was a National Director of the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS), the organization presents the annual Juno Awards, Canada’s network televised music award show which recognizes excellence in recording achievement. He was also Chairman of the Board of the B.C. Chapter of CARAS, which for ten years staged the annual West Coast Music Awards. At the end of his tenure, he was presented with his own Juno Award for outstanding service to the Academy. In 1998, on behalf of CARAS, Michael hosted an Internet first, the live online video presentation of the Juno Awards Backstage and conducted interviews with many of the winners.

From 1993 to 2005, Michael also managed the Western Canada operations of NABS, the National Advertising Benevolent Society, a non-profit charitable organization which helps people from the advertising, marketing and media community across Canada who have encountered illness, injury, unemployment, or financial difficulties, and raised hundreds of thousand of dollars for the charity.
1997 heralded Michael’s return to on-air broadcasting when he launched Treasure Island Oldies as its producer and host, Treasure Island Oldies is a pioneering show and one of the world's longest running weekly radio shows on the Internet.Faits d'armes

The 2006 BCAB Convention, its 59th annual, took place in Victoria, B.C. this past week. At the President's Gala Dinner on Friday evening, May 12, 2006, the Awards of Excellence were presented. Categories ranged from Community Services Radio/Television, Best Creative Radio/Television, to Excellence in News Reporting Radio/Television, plus Broadcast Performer of Tomorrow, Broadcast Performer of the Year Radio/Television, Broadcaster of the Year and Friend of the Industry.

Michael Godin was named Friend of the Industry, recognizing him for his nearly thirteen years as the General Manager of the National Advertising Benevolent Society's NABS West Chapter in Vancouver, and acknowledging his lifelong career in the media and music industries.

A very surprised and flabberghasted Michael commented, "I am honoured and humbled to be considered, let alone recognized, for this prestigious award. We are all very fortunate to be in this industry, and we all give back to it in our own way. I am just very pleased to have been able to help our peers in their time of need throughout my years with NABS."

Michael is the creator and host of Treasure Island Oldies; since 1997, it is one of the longest running radio shows in the world on the Internet.

Complete list of Awards of Excellence winners:
• Humanity Award BC Persons With AIDS Society - Vancouver
• Community Services/Radio 100.3 The Q - Victoria
• Community Services/Television Global Television - Vancouver
• Best Creative/Radio CHBE-FM - Victoria
• Best Creative/Television Citytv - Vancouver
• Station Promotion/Radio Z95.3 - Vancouver
• Station Promotion/Television Citytv - Vancouver
• Special Programming/Radio 100.3 The Q - Victoria
• Special Programming/Television CH Television - Victoria
• Excellence In News Reporting/Radio CKNW AM980 - Vancouver
• Excellence In News Reporting/Television CHBC Television - Kelowna
• Broadcast Performer of the Year Kit Carson The Beat 94.5 FM
• Broadcast Performer of the Year/Radio Larry & Willy 96.9 JACK-FM
• Broadcast Performer of the Year/Television Hudson Mack A Channel
• Friend of the Industry Michael Godin Treasure Island Oldies - Vancouver
• Broadcaster of the Year Ed Bain CH Television & 100.3 The Q - Victoria
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Wed 7 May - 4:46

Property of Treasure Island Oldies

Michael Godin: BD_article_on_MG
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Wed 20 Aug - 4:47

Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Tue 30 Dec - 0:07

MICHAEL GODIN'S JOY!!!
Wow what a week! I was so surprised to received two email notes from two different former listeners of mine from when I worked at CFOM in Quebec City in 1975 - 75, Carl Fiset and Guylaine Coté. I was very pleased to hear from them, and really so surprised that they remembered me from over 30 years ago when I was a DJ at the only English and also only Top 40 at the time in Quebec City. We've since exchanged a few more emails trading memories of CFOM. Guylaine was only 10 years old when I was at CFOM. I too remember my favourite DJs from when I was around the same age, in particular Dave Boxer at CFCF in Montreal. They even signed the Treasure Island Oldies World Map. Thank you both very much for getting in touch; it has sure meant a lot to me. Guylaine also surprised me by dropping by the Chat Room for a visit.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog this week features one of the greatest movie theme songs of the 60s, To Sir With Love, performed with love by Lulu. This classic movie starred Sidney Poitier and Lulu. Enjoy!

This week on Voice Your Choice we feature Jerry Butler and two classics by "The Iceman":Moon River and Make It Easy On Yourself. Click the Voice Your Choice button to cast your vote. We'll play the winning song in Hour 3 of next week's show.

Big hellos go out to Lazarus in Gunnison, Colorado as well as my old CFOM, Quebec City listeners Guylaine Coté and Carl Fiset. They've all signed the Treasure Island Oldies World Map. I invite you to do so as well. Just click on the World Map, then fill in your name, city and any comment you'd like to make. You'll join the many listeners who have put themselves on the Treasure Island Oldies World Map.

If you missed the live show, you can enjoy the Archive of January 27, 2008; just click the Listen button on the Menu. Have a great week.

Michael
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Tue 30 Dec - 0:07

And many thanks once again to Guylaine Côté in Quebec City. Last week she contacted me for the first time since I left CFOM in Quebec City back in 1975. She used to listen to the station when she was 10 years old! This week she sent a recording of a CFOM Reunion Weekend, organized and aired in 1985 by a former competing radio station, FM93. I had never heard the aircheck and was so pleased to listen to it. I played a clip from that wonderful reunion in the first hour of this week's show. Hope you enjoy it.
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Tue 30 Dec - 0:09

Mar 22 Juil 2008 - 2:20

We had our share of glitches this week on the "Island". Our chat room server went down and could not be fixed in time for the live show. Fortunately, listener Guylaine Cotė from Quebec City came to the rescue and offered the use of her forum/chat room for the use of the chat room regulars and visitors. Thanks very much, Guylaine, that was a very nice gesture you made, which was appreciated by all who came by to chat. The good news is the server is back up and running, so our own Chat Room should be back in business for next Sunday's live show. There was also a power failure that was fairly widespread, which caused our 24/7 Continuous Feed to go down. We finally got it back in operation. Thanks for your patience; these things happen from time to time, fortunately not very often at all.

A couple of program items for you to note... Next week on the show Tom Locke, who writes our weekly feature, Moment In Time, will join me as we take a look at Race Records and Censorship in Hour 2. This will be a fascinating opportunity to hear music that, at one time, was banned! Also, be sure to mark you calendar for our annual Wordless Wonders Instrumental Gems Special coming live Sunday, August 3rd. If you have a particular instrumental song you'd like me to play, either send a request by clicking the Request button on any page of the website or call our 24/7 Treasure Island Oldies Request Line at 206-203-4678

I never knew that The Charmettes, one of the girl groups from the '60s, were nurses at the same time as they made records. I always enjoy hearing Ian Chapman's stories and songs. Be sure to listen again next week for another episode of Ian Chapman's Girl Groups, available ONLY on Treasure Island Oldies.

Over at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog, our Song of the Week is It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty in a nice live performance. Enjoy!

You never know who will be on Voice Your Choice; in fact it is The Who with I Can See For Miles and Won't Get Fooled Again. Make your decision as to the song you prefer then click the Voice Your Choice button on any page of the website and cast your vote. We'll play the winner in Hour 3 of next week's show.

Lots of listeners have signed their name to the Treasure Island Oldies World Map. I invite you to sign the map as well. Just click on the World Map, then fill in your name, city and any comment you'd like to make. You'll join the many listeners who have put themselves on the Treasure Island Oldies World Map. Let the world know you're a proud listener!

If you missed the live show, you can enjoy the Archive of July 20th, 2008. Just click the Listen button on the Menu. Have a great week.

Michael
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Mon 16 Feb - 12:48

This week on Treasure Island Oldies
February 8th, 2009 to February 15th, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day! We sure had a four hour "Love Fest" for our Annual Valentine's Day Special! And the Chat Room was hopping like a bunch of rabbits! LOL It is always a treat to greet Listeners coming into the Chat Room for the first time. The Regulars, the Nuts in the Hut, are always so gracious and welcoming. Check it out for yourself next Sunday when we are live. Get all the details on how to log on by clicking Chat on the Menu. I'd also like to say thanks for all your great requests via the Chat Room, email and the Request Line. It was nice to hear from listeners calling in for the first time. And I would also enjoy hearing from you with your requests and comments any time. Click Requests or Call the Request Line 206-203-4678. Please stay in touch.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Guylaine Côté in Quebec City, Quebec, who is enjoying her special day this week. She used to listen to me many years ago when I worked at CFOM in Quebec City. She was 10 years old back then! If you have a birthday coming up, or someone special to you is having a birthday, let me know. Send the name, city and birth date to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. We'll extend our best wishes on the air and play our official birthday theme song, Birthday, by The Beatles.

More congratulations go out, this time to my friends, Matt and Fay, in Langley, British Columbia. They are celebrating their wedding anniversary this week and we wish these Chat Room regulars a very Happy Anniversary! Say, if you have an anniversary coming up, let me know about it. Send an email with the details to michael@treasureislandoldies.com.

Mark you calendar for our next special, coming Sunday, March 22nd. For the first time ever, it's the 50 Plus Special. We'll play songs that appeared between Number 50 to 100 on the Billboard charts. I can promise you that you'll hear some Lost Treasures you haven't heard in many years. Some of which you may even have forgotten. They'll all come back to you for our 50 Plus Special on March 22nd.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog has Elvis Presley in the spotlight in a performance clip from the Ed Sullivan Show in 1957. Along with The Jordanaires, Elvis performs Too Much, a great song for Valentine's and also our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

Gary Lewis and The Playboys are in the spotlight this week on Voice Your Choice. You can vote for either of these two Top Ten hits: Sure Gonna Miss Her and Save Your Heart For Me. Cast your vote - click Voice Your Choice on any page of the website. We'll play the winner in the 3rd Hour of next week's show.

You've still got time to send in your photo to be included on the Listener Gallery page, coming soon. Send your picture, first name and city to michael@treasureislandoldies.com.

If you missed the live show and our Annual Valentine's Day Special, you can enjoy the Archive of February 8, 2009; just click the Listen button on the Menu. And remember, and be sure to check out the Playlist and see the list of all the songs we played on the show.

Have a good week. Happy Valentine's Day!

Michael
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Tue 3 Mar - 3:38

This week on Treasure Island Oldies
March 1st, 2009 to March 7th, 2009

It was a trip down memory lane for me when my friend Isaac Shane, who lives in San Diego, visited in the studio this week. He and I worked together MANY years ago at CFOM in Quebec City, which was the only Top 40 and also the only English station there at the time. One of our many listeners from back then discovered Treasure Island Oldies a year ago and has been listening ever since, and also is a regular in the Chat Room. Guylaine was very surprised to hear Isaac on the air with me; she was so happy to hear us on the same station once again.

The Listener Gallery continues to grow every week with more photos arriving all the time. Check out the latest group of Islanders to have their picture in the gallery. It would be great to have you as part of it too. Just send your name, city, province or state and photo to michael@treasureislandoldies.com and we will include you as a proud listener of Treasure Island Oldies.

Nice to hear from Shirley in Cincinnati, Ohio and Chuck in East Point, Michigan with their phone requests. It's great to have new listeners calling into our 24/7 Request Line and I would love to hear from you too. Just call 206-203-4678 and record your voicemail request message. I'll play both your phone message and the song you requested on the show. I look forward to hearing from you soon. And if you're too shy to call in but would still like to hear a song, then click the Requests button on any page of the website and let me know what you'd like to hear.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog this week features one of the British Invasion groups, The Swinging Blue Jeans. The rare clip you'll see is taken from the annual New Musical Express Poll Winners Concert from 1964. They perform two songs: Shake, Rattle & Roll and Good Golly Miss Molly. Enjoy!

The great Del Shannon is in the spotlight this week for Voice Your Choice with two of his great hits for your votes: Little Town Flirt and Hats Off To Larry. Which song would you like to hear? Cast your vote by clicking the Voice Your Choice button on any page of the website and making your selection. We'll play the winner in Hour 3 of next week's show.

We're getting closer to the 50 Plus Special on March 22nd. On this special you'll hear songs that appeared on the Billboard chart between Number 50 and 100. There'll be lots of Lost Treasures that will twig your memory; and I'm sure that there'll be many songs that will have you scratching your head in wonder as to why they didn't make it higher on the chart. Chances are you'll remember every record.

If you missed the live show, you can enjoy the Archive of March 1, 2009; just click the Listen button on the Menu. Be sure to check out the Playlist and see all the songs we played on the show.

Have a good week.

Michael
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Michael Godin: Empty ROCK & ROLL NEWS WITH MICHAEL GODIN ON TREASURE.ISLAND.OLDIES.

Post by Guylaine Fri 27 Mar - 12:17

Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Sat 25 Jul - 20:58

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6315564213e47932/

THIS INTERVIEW WITH MICHAEL GODIN HAS BEEN A PART OF PLEASURE ALL ALONG ...
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Wed 29 Jul - 11:21

2006 British Columbia Association of Broadcasters
Award of Excellence Friend of the Industry
Michael Godin

Michael Godin: BCAB_MG_award02
The 2006 BCAB Convention, its 59th annual, took place in Victoria, B.C. this past week. At the President's Gala Dinner on Friday evening, May 12, 2006, the Awards of Excellence were presented. Categories ranged from Community Services Radio/Television, Best Creative Radio/Television, to Excellence in News Reporting Radio/Television, plus Broadcast Performer of Tomorrow, Broadcast Performer of the Year Radio/Television, Broadcaster of the Year and Friend of the Industry.

Michael Godin was named Friend of the Industry, recognizing him for his nearly thirteen years as the General Manager of the National Advertising Benevolent Society's NABS West Chapter in Vancouver, and acknowledging his lifelong career in the media and music industries.

A very surprised and flabberghasted Michael commented, "I am honoured and humbled to be considered, let alone recognized, for this prestigious award. We are all very fortunate to be in this industry, and we all give back to it in our own way. I am just very pleased to have been able to help our peers in their time of need throughout my years with NABS."

Michael is the creator and host of Treasure Island Oldies; since 1997, it is one of the longest running radio shows in the world on the Internet.

Complete list of Awards of Excellence winners:
• Humanity Award BC Persons With AIDS Society - Vancouver
• Community Services/Radio 100.3 The Q - Victoria
• Community Services/Television Global Television - Vancouver
• Best Creative/Radio CHBE-FM - Victoria
• Best Creative/Television Citytv - Vancouver
• Station Promotion/Radio Z95.3 - Vancouver
• Station Promotion/Television Citytv - Vancouver
• Special Programming/Radio 100.3 The Q - Victoria
• Special Programming/Television CH Television - Victoria
• Excellence In News Reporting/Radio CKNW AM980 - Vancouver
• Excellence In News Reporting/Television CHBC Television - Kelowna
• Broadcast Performer of the Year Kit Carson The Beat 94.5 FM
• Broadcast Performer of the Year/Radio Larry & Willy 96.9 JACK-FM
• Broadcast Performer of the Year/Television Hudson Mack A Channel
• Friend of the Industry Michael Godin Treasure Island Oldies - Vancouver
• Broadcaster of the Year Ed Bain CH Television & 100.3 The Q - Victoria

Michael Godin: BCABheader

Michael Godin: BCABheader
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Wed 29 Jul - 11:23

Music in his blood

Michael Godin has been involved in music and broadcasting in Canada since 1969. When he was 16 years old, he had a high school radio station and even interviewed John Lennon during his Bed-In for Peace at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel in Montreal. Michael was music director and disc jockey with CFQR, CFCF, CJFM – all in Montreal; and CFOM in Quebec City. His voiceover work includes being the voice for two Mattel Toys television commercials, the “He-Man Power Sword” and the “Skeletor Skull Staff”, which ran for two years in the United States. He joined A&M Records Canada in Toronto in the fall of 1975, as Director of Artist and Repertoire. Later he became Vice-President Artist & Repertoire. One of the highlights of his career at A&M and is the signing and development of mega star, Bryan Adams. Michael also worked with Lance Freed, President of Rondor Music International, the music publishing division of A&M Records and son of Rock & Roll pioneer Disc Jockey, Alan Freed.

In 1986, he moved to Vancouver on the West Coast of Canada and started Michael Godin Management Inc., a full service artist management group, a music publishing company (West Broadway Music and East Broadway Music) and a consulting company. One of his clients was the multi-award winning recording artist and songwriter, Paul Janz.

As a management consultant, Michael provides a variety of services to broadcasters, media and arts companies, individual recording artists, and managers. Michael represents Canadian pioneer disc jockey Red Robinson, one of the seven original DJs in North America to play rhythm and blues and rock & roll music on radio, Red has been recognized by many organizations including the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Rockabilly Hall of Fame, Canadian Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame, and more.

From 1986 to 1993, Michael was a National Director of the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS), the organization presents the annual Juno Awards, Canada’s network televised music award show which recognizes excellence in recording achievement. He was also Chairman of the Board of the B.C. Chapter of CARAS, which for ten years staged the annual West Coast Music Awards. At the end of his tenure, he was presented with his own Juno Award for outstanding service to the Academy. In 1998, on behalf of CARAS, Michael hosted an Internet first, the live online video presentation of the Juno Awards Backstage and conducted interviews with many of the winners.

From 1993 to 2005, Michael also managed the Western Canada operations of NABS, the National Advertising Benevolent Society, a non-profit charitable organization which helps people from the advertising, marketing and media community across Canada who have encountered illness, injury, unemployment, or financial difficulties, and raised hundreds of thousand of dollars for the charity.

1997 heralded Michael’s return to on-air broadcasting when he launched Treasure Island Oldies as its producer and host, Treasure Island Oldies is a pioneering show and one of the world's longest running weekly radio shows on the Internet
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Thu 13 Aug - 16:29

De : pcmusicradio@optonline.net
Date : 2009-08-13 16:18:39
A : guylainecote_78@sympatico.ca
Sujet : Michael Godin interview Smile

Hi Guylaine,

Well I finally sat down and listened to your extensive interview with Michael Godin.

He sounds like an amazing man who has played a big role in the history of radio in Canada, and in the development of "muscal performers" known throughout the world.

Of course, being from the US, I'm not familiar with the various stations in Canada, but I can surely hear that you admired him from your listening to him on the radio yourself. His progressing from a radio DJ, to a programmer, then an A&R person for performers was fascinating.

My ears perked up right away when I heard that he was involved in the career of Gino Vannelli, and played a role in the many other famous musicians and bands that the whole world is familiar with today. As you said, he is very modest. I know I had never heard of his name, but he did great things behind the scenes as a great producer.

It was interesting to hear him speak of arranging the order of the songs for "Side 1" and "Side 2 of Bryan Adams record. Funny that today there is no more Side 1 or 2 to deal with!!

Thanks again for another great interview, your best yet!!! I hope to see you soon in one of the radio listening chat rooms. Oh, and you also got me to listen to "Treasure Island Oldies" too!

Regards...

Lou
pc_music
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Tue 18 Aug - 2:59

It was great to pay tribute to the King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley on this week's show. It was August 16, 1977, the day Elvis died at his Graceland Mansion in Memphis. And what a fitting way to recognize the King of Rock and Roll than to feature him exclusively for the Rock and Roll Reunion. It was great to hear some of the lesser played songs such as My Baby Left Me and I Need Your Love Tonight. I was also was pleased to recognize and spotlight the late Les Paul on this week's Lounge Double. What an amazing and unassuming man and so talented and creative. I hope you enjoyed hearing his 1950 recording of Nola as well as his signature song, How High The Moon, with his then wife Mary Ford.

Speaking of Les Paul, in addition to the posting of his obituary and the video clip, this week the Treasure Island Oldies Blog features another great duo performance by Les Paul and Mary Ford with The World's Waiting For The Sunrise, our Song of the Week. Enjoy!

The Chat Room was packed once again this week and it was great to welcome back Becky aka Ogopogo from Westbank, British Columbia in the beautiful Okanagan Valley. And a great pleasure to have Marilyn aka Sistahmar from Kitchener, Ontario. It's been several years since she was last able to come by for a visit, but she promises to come back again next week and every week. She is also the moderator for the chat room for a good friend of mine, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame DJ David Marsden. David is on the air every Thursday and Friday night from 7 to Midnight Eastern time. Be sure to have a listen via marsdenglobal.com for the Marsden Theatre. You'll be well entertained.

Be sure to join us for our next two specials: on August 30th it's our Annual Back To School Special, and then the next week, September 6 our Motown Special, which will include The Motown Story, a great documentary. What a great way to wind up summer with these two great specials. Please note that there is no live show on September 6 and I have pre-recorded the Motown Special for your enjoyment.

The fabulous voice of Tony Williams will be spotlighted next week on Voice Your Choice as the lead singer of The Platters with two of their big hits songs for your votes: Only You and Smoke Gets In Your Eyes. Which song would you prefer to hear? Cast your vote. Click the Voice Your Choice button and make your selection. We'll play the winning song in the third hour of next week's show.

A big hello to Lou Grimaldi in Floral Park, New York. He sent in a photo for the Treasure Island Oldies Listener Gallery. It's now posted and available for viewing. Click the Listener Gallery button available to you on most pages of the website. And please send in your photo too; it would be great to have your picture mounted in the Listener Gallery. Send your photo, name, city and state or province to michael@treasureislandoldies.com. By the way, Lou was introduced to the show by Guylaine Coté in Quebec City, Quebec, a listener and regular in the Chat Room. Lou said he very much enjoyed the interview I did with Guylaine, as well as the show. Speaking of the interview, you can click here http://www.treasureislandoldies.com/assets/multimedia/MG_GC_Interview_July_2009.ram to listen.

I was also pleased to hear from Andy Desilets from Ottawa, Ontario, the capital city of Canada. He said he was listening to the Instrumental Gems Wordless Wonders Special for the fourth time! He also requested to hear Don't Ask Me Top To Be True by Montreal's J.B. And The Playboys. Andy, you'll hear it on next week's show. Thanks for getting in touch. And if you have a song you'd like to hear, click the Requests button on any page of the website or call our 24/7 Listener Request Line at 206-203-4678 and record your voicemail message. I'll do my very best to play your song on the show.

Finally, if you have a birthday coming up or you want to celebrate someone else's birthday please send the details to me: your name, birthday date as well and the city, province or state and country to michael@treasureislandoldies.com and I'll play our official birthday song for you to recognize the special day, Birthday by The Beatles.

Have a great week.

Bye for now.

Michael

Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Tue 10 Aug - 16:00

Michael Godin: Tio10
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Tue 10 Aug - 16:29

YOU ONLY HAVE TO CLICK THE IMAGE AND SELECT LISTEN ON THE SITE TO HEAR TREASURE ISLAND OLDIES WITH MICHAEL GODIN Very Happy
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Wed 12 Jan - 23:47

http://www.zshare.net/download/85148103e5e7939f/

link refreshed on january 12th 2011
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Tue 9 Aug - 8:55

http://www.zshare.net/audio/93488441f7d5c92b/
REFRESHED AGAIN ON AUGUST THE 9TH 2011
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Fri 28 Sep - 22:11

Guylaine Côté http://hotfile.com/dl/155116975/036cc43/INTERVIEW_WITH_MICHAEL_GODIN_JULY_25TH_2009.mp3.html THIS IS THE INTERVIEW I DONE WITH MICHAEL A SO GIFTED MAN :-)

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: INTERVIEW WITH MICHAEL GODIN JULY 25TH 2009.mp3
hotfile.com
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Sun 6 Jul - 2:26

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7-qm4bHjI0hT0MzRTh0b0lES2M/edit

PERMALINK FOR THE INTERVIEW OF MICHAEL GODIN
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Mon 23 Jan - 23:27

Island Update

Week of January 22nd, 2017 to January 28th, 2017

BULLETIN: The Chat Room is now working again!!! Big thanks to Eddy Fisher, our webmaster, for getting a replacement and installing it. We are now back online again and ready for next Sunday’s Live show. I’d like to show my appreciation and thanks to long time listener Guylaine Côté in Quebec City. She has her own chat room and kindly offered the use of hers until the Treasure Island Oldies Chat Room is back up and working. Merci beaucoup, Guylaine!

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Fred Waterer in Ste. Catharines, Ontario, and to Wendy McDougall in Newton, South Australia. I inadvertently said Glenelg, South Australia, on the show. Oops! And if your birthday is coming up soon, please let me know the date so that I can help you celebrate your special day on the air. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com and I’ll play Birthday by The Beatles, our official birthday anthem.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1965 and at the Number One song is Downtown by Petula Clark. It’s playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog. Enjoy!

Next week on Treasure Island Oldies, Voice Your Choice presents Marty Robbins with two of his hits. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either In Ruby Ann or Don’t Worry (Like All The Other Times). I’ll play the winner on next week’s show.

Here’s this week’s Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Have a great week and see you this coming Sunday for the next Live show.

Take good care and all the best.

Michael
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content