Historique Radio Musicale Québec/Quebec Music Radio Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Godin show of today every sunday night (6 to 10p.t.)

Go down

Michael Godin show of today every sunday night (6 to 10p.t.) Empty Michael Godin show of today every sunday night (6 to 10p.t.)

Post by Guylaine Sat 19 Apr - 23:39

Last edited by Guylaine on Tue 14 Oct - 17:29; edited 1 time in total
Guylaine
Guylaine
Administratrice fondatrice
Administratrice  fondatrice

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-04-18

http://histo-radio.forumdefan.com

Back to top Go down

Michael Godin show of today every sunday night (6 to 10p.t.) Empty Re: Michael Godin show of today every sunday night (6 to 10p.t.)

Post by Guylaine Fri 13 Jun - 23:35

Michael Godin show of today every sunday night (6 to 10p.t.) A

Cliquez sur l'image pour vous y rendre directement! click on the pic and join the Michael's radio Treasure Island Oldies!

Thank you all!!!

Last edited by Guylaine on Thu 19 Mar - 13:37; edited 4 times in total
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Michael Godin show of today every sunday night (6 to 10p.t.) Empty Re: Michael Godin show of today every sunday night (6 to 10p.t.)

Post by Guylaine Tue 22 Jul - 2:12

lundi 11 février 2008
Sujet : FROM MICHAEL GODIN TREASURE ISLAND OLDIES
Heure : 02 h 12 CET
Auteur : ghawey
Etat d'esprit : Heureux

And many thanks once again to Guylaine Côté in Quebec City. Last week she contacted me for the first time since I left CFOM in Quebec City back in 1975. She used to listen to the station when she was 10 years old! This week she sent a recording of a CFOM Reunion Weekend, organized and aired in 1985 by a former competing radio station, FM93. I had never heard the aircheck and was so pleased to listen to it. I played a clip from that wonderful reunion in the first hour of this week's show. Hope you enjoy it.
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Tue 22 Jul - 2:14

samedi 9 février 2008
Sujet : MICHAEL GODIN'S JOY!
Heure : 18 h 16 CET
Auteur : ghawey
Etat d'esprit : Radieux

Wow what a week! I was so surprised to received two email notes from two different former listeners of mine from when I worked at CFOM in Quebec City in 1975 - 75, Carl Fiset and Guylaine Coté. I was very pleased to hear from them, and really so surprised that they remembered me from over 30 years ago when I was a DJ at the only English and also only Top 40 at the time in Quebec City. We've since exchanged a few more emails trading memories of CFOM. Guylaine was only 10 years old when I was at CFOM. I too remember my favourite DJs from when I was around the same age, in particular Dave Boxer at CFCF in Montreal. They even signed the Treasure Island Oldies World Map. Thank you both very much for getting in touch; it has sure meant a lot to me. Guylaine also surprised me by dropping by the Chat Room for a visit.

The Treasure Island Oldies Blog this week features one of the greatest movie theme songs of the 60s, To Sir With Love, performed with love by Lulu. This classic movie starred Sidney Poitier and Lulu. Enjoy!

This week on Voice Your Choice we feature Jerry Butler and two classics by "The Iceman":Moon River and Make It Easy On Yourself. Click the Voice Your Choice button to cast your vote. We'll play the winning song in Hour 3 of next week's show.

Big hellos go out to Lazarus in Gunnison, Colorado as well as my old CFOM, Quebec City listeners Guylaine Coté and Carl Fiset. They've all signed the Treasure Island Oldies World Map. I invite you to do so as well. Just click on the World Map, then fill in your name, city and any comment you'd like to make. You'll join the many listeners who have put themselves on the Treasure Island Oldies World Map.

If you missed the live show, you can enjoy the Archive of January 27, 2008; just click the Listen button on the Menu. Have a great week.

Michael
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Tue 22 Jul - 2:20

We had our share of glitches this week on the "Island". Our chat room server went down and could not be fixed in time for the live show. Fortunately, listener Guylaine Cotė from Quebec City came to the rescue and offered the use of her forum/chat room for the use of the chat room regulars and visitors. Thanks very much, Guylaine, that was a very nice gesture you made, which was appreciated by all who came by to chat. The good news is the server is back up and running, so our own Chat Room should be back in business for next Sunday's live show. There was also a power failure that was fairly widespread, which caused our 24/7 Continuous Feed to go down. We finally got it back in operation. Thanks for your patience; these things happen from time to time, fortunately not very often at all.

A couple of program items for you to note... Next week on the show Tom Locke, who writes our weekly feature, Moment In Time, will join me as we take a look at Race Records and Censorship in Hour 2. This will be a fascinating opportunity to hear music that, at one time, was banned! Also, be sure to mark you calendar for our annual Wordless Wonders Instrumental Gems Special coming live Sunday, August 3rd. If you have a particular instrumental song you’d like me to play, either send a request by clicking the Request button on any page of the website or call our 24/7 Treasure Island Oldies Request Line at 206-203-4678

I never knew that The Charmettes, one of the girl groups from the ‘60s, were nurses at the same time as they made records. I always enjoy hearing Ian Chapman’s stories and songs. Be sure to listen again next week for another episode of Ian Chapman’s Girl Groups, available ONLY on Treasure Island Oldies.

Over at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog, our Song of the Week is It’s Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty in a nice live performance. Enjoy!

You never know who will be on Voice Your Choice; in fact it is The Who with I Can See For Miles and Won’t Get Fooled Again. Make your decision as to the song you prefer then click the Voice Your Choice button on any page of the website and cast your vote. We’ll play the winner in Hour 3 of next week’s show.

Lots of listeners have signed their name to the Treasure Island Oldies World Map. I invite you to sign the map as well. Just click on the World Map, then fill in your name, city and any comment you'd like to make. You'll join the many listeners who have put themselves on the Treasure Island Oldies World Map. Let the world know you're a proud listener!

If you missed the live show, you can enjoy the Archive of July 20th, 2008. Just click the Listen button on the Menu. Have a great week.

Michael
Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Tue 14 Oct - 17:47

Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guylaine Tue 14 Oct - 17:59

Guylaine
Guylaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down